From the past few years, Data Science has become a desirable career choice for everyone. As these data-driven businesses are giving many opportunities for data professionals, Most people have already changed their careers to Data Science and have created a sought-after career for themselves.
If you want to change your career to Data Science and advance your career, this blog will help you to know all the things you need to know. The online Data Science Training program helps you gain all the technical skills required to become a successful Data Scientist.
Let’s start this blog by understanding why exactly Data Science is the best option for a career transition.
Why is Data Science the Best Option for a Career Transition?
Any business has only one opportunity in its hands to be more competitive which is Data. Using data effectively will help any business increase its standards. In order to be more competitive and increase their profits, they need to use their data properly.
But only an expert in analyzing data can understand the insights of the data. This makes data professionals in-demand and high-paid jobs. The following are the main reasons why Data Science is the best career transition option in 2021
- The main reason why Data Science is the best option is that it is popular and in-demand.
- This domain has a lot of scope and there is a lot to learn which helps you upgrade yourself constantly. So that you can have career growth.
- You will have multiple career options in a single data-based domain
- The skills required for this job are easy to learn and understand by anyone with proper guidance and practice.
- There are no limitations of age, background, or previous job to start your career in this domain. Anyone with or without a non-technical background is eligible to learn and become a successful data scientist.
- You can get paid with the highest packages starting from an entry-level
- One certification in Data Science can make a big difference in your career.
Wondering why you should learn Data Science? Check out this Youtube video.
Who can Transform Their Career to Data Science?
If you are wondering whether you are eligible to become a Data Scientist or not. Let me clarify once again- Data Science is for anyone!!
Any fresher who has just finished their graduation or working professionals in any domain like engineering, teaching, sales, or any domain are perfectly eligible to learn Data Science technologies and have a successful career in it. All you need to do is to gain a specific skill set and hands-on knowledge.
Now, Let’s take this blog forward and discuss the skills and certifications required to enter a Data Science career.
What are the Skills Required to Transition to a Data Science Career?
The following are the skills required to start your career in Data Science. Learn Data Science with Data Science Tutorial to get a complete understanding of Data science technology.
- Mathematics and Statistics: These basic concepts will help you have an understanding of data analysis and to draw meaningful insights from the data. You must also learn probability concepts to predict the outcomes of the data processes.
- Programming Languages (R and Python): R and Python are the programming languages required to have a data scientist to manipulate, store, and analyze data. Furthermore, data scientists are expected to work with machine learning, and python will be more helpful.
- Database Language (SQL): SQL is one of the most crucial skills a data scientist must have. To understand the databases and to add, remove or retrieve data from databases, SQL knowledge is required.
- Machine Learning: Machine Learning is used by most data-driven businesses. So to work with data, understanding machine learning algorithms has become necessary.
- Big Data: In order to make useful business decisions, Big data helps data scientists to extract valuable insights through predictive analysis.
- Data Visualization: Data visualization is used to visualize the data in various forms like charts or graphs which helps data scientists identify new patterns and flaws in the data.
Along with these technical skills, you need to have some soft skills to pursue this career such as strong communication, collaboration, problem-solving skills, leadership skills, and interpersonal skills. These will help you further in your job to work more efficiently while collaborating with other team members and also in solving various business issues.
What are the Certifications for a Data Scientist?
To land in your dream Data Scientist position, certifications are the next step to your success. The following are the top Data Science certifications that will help in your career.
- Certified Analytics Professional (CAP)
- IBM Data Science Professional Certificate
- SAS Certified Data Scientist
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Data Scientist Associate
- Google Professional Data Engineer Certification
Step for a Career Change to Data Science
Switching a career from any domain to Data Science is quite simple with few steps. Let’s see what they are?
- First, you need to have a particular skill set in your resume to enter this Data Science career. So start building your skills one by one. Enroll in a training program and gain skills.
- Remember practice is key. Just gaining skills is not enough. Try implementing it. Come up with your own ideas and solutions.
- Then become a certified data scientist by clearing the popular certification examinations as we have discussed earlier.
- Now, it’s time to upgrade your resume. Modify your resume according to the company requirements and the position you are applying for. Mention your certifications and projects you have worked on.
- You may get started as an entry-level data scientist. Learn your responsibilities in the role and understand how industries work and how to solve real-time problems. Later on, you can easily become a senior Data Scientist.