According to a report by the NAR, millennial generations of buyers utilize a real estate agent or broker as their top resource to help them buy and sell their homes.
The real estate industry is a profitable market. However, it is tough to keep a tab on your potential customers in the real estate industry if you are not active, engaging, and networking online to increase your contacts and customer base.
Let’s look at the six creative strategies to improve the real estate business.
1. Set Yourself Up For Social
Using social media platforms is an effective way to build relationships with your existing and potential clients.
Social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest, allow you to establish your online presence as an expert and advertise your properties for buying and selling.
It improves the perception of your business and bridges the communication gap between you and your clients. Two popular social media platforms that you should use are:
- Facebook: You can use Facebook to publish listing-related updates and content, book appointments, communicate with customers, and curate reviews in a single platform.
- Instagram: It is perfect for the real estate industry. You can upload photos and provide quick updates to properties based on different locations.
2. Create a Killer Business Card
Most of the time, your real estate business card is the first experience a client has with you as an agent. Ensure you include your name, phone number, business address, email address, and website on your business card.
Here are the key elements that you should include apart from your contact information:
- Your agency: Your agency may have a reputation in the community. Thus, including the agency that you represent draws a brand association between you and the agency.
- Certifications and Requirements: Include any certifications or designation you have received. For example, if you are a member of NAR, then include this information on your card.
3. Find Hidden, Off-Market Properties
You should be aware of the fact that not every property sold in the market is present in the Multiple Listing Service. These off-market properties, also known as pocket listings, are a great source of leads.
Off-market real estate deals offer lucrative benefits to investors. Here are some ways to identify off-market properties.
- Use online resources: Regularly track online websites such as Zillow. It allows the seller to list the property 30 days before the property gets listed on the MLS. Besides, use sites like 100comissionrealestate to identify new leads.
- Networking: Networking is the best strategy to generate leads and to find off-market deals. Search for real estate events in your area and build networks.
- Public Records: Check all the public records available, such as state and local government websites. These records often mention properties that are to be listed.
4. Generate Leads Using Direct Mailers
Effective use of direct mailers creates a consistent deal flow. Real estate direct mailers for listings is one of the best ways to prospect potential sellers. Here are the steps to follow:
- Organize the mailing list: You should focus on getting absentee owners, high equity owners, and eviction lists. These lists are tough to find but have better value due to lack of competition.
- Create the message: Craft a creative and innovative message to grab the attention of the person reading it. Make use of online templates to create the copy.
- Be consistent and return calls on time: Try to continue your marketing for at least 4 to 6 months. Once you start mailing your potential clients, be ready to return the calls on time to make money.
5. Hire a Real Estate Photographer
Professional photos attract buyers and sellers to your business and help sell your listing faster for more money. Listings shot with DSLR professional photography get more online views than their competitor listings.
These professional photographers have specialized software and equipment, as well as the specific skills and training to photograph a property.
When you hire a professional photographer, ensure to ask for some samples to check their track records for real estate photography. Also, ensure that the photographer has a proper license.
6. Setup a Local Business Page on Google
As per an analysis by NAR, 69% of home shoppers begin their research with a local term, for example, ‘Houston homes for sale,’ on a search engine.
Google My Business account helps your existing and potential clients to easily find you in Google Search, Google Maps, and Google+.
It allows you to gain exposure as a real estate professional. Below are the key steps to follow once you sign in to your Google account.
- Add location and business: When adding location, make sure to click on “Add single location” as you want to display only one address.
- Verify My Business listing: It is crucial because if you do not verify your business listing, the search results will not fetch the information.
The active real estate licensees in the United States is around 2 million. The ideas discussed above will help to improve your real estate business and make you stand apart from the crowd. In real estate, it’s all about networking. The best networks fetch the best results.