When it comes to Calgary real estate, the consequences of any mistake can affect your finances as well as most relevantly, the peace-of-mind. Selling or buying your house can turn out to be both stressful and exciting, specifically if it is your first time.
Irrespective of the reason behind your decision of selling or buying a house, there are several pitfalls one can simply fall into, making the house selling or buying experience less than perfect. Selling or buying a house is not always as simple as you expect the process to be.
In Real estate, buyers and markets can be fussy, as well as at times it looks like that luck is not on your side.
Below-mentioned is the list of 6 most common house selling or buying mistakes –
- Fixing an unrealistic rate – The first and foremost step to comprehending how much the house is worth is using the online calculator. Then, meet with the Real estate agent to discuss the good pricing tactic for the house. Your agent will have a look at the other comparable houses in the neighborhood that is recently sold and will bring deep insights into the performance of the current housing market. Always remember that the price you desire as well as what the market will pay might be 2 different things.
For a seller, this is the sweet spot between asking too little or too much. In case you cannot hit the sweet spot, you will risk leaving money on your table or having the house sit on the industry for quite a long time that will ultimately have consequences.
- Overpricing the house – In terms of Real estate in Calgary, getting the top dollar is every seller’s dream. However, you must allow the industry to dictate that rate, not your financial situation or emotions. Permit your agent for Real estate in Calgary to research as well as prepare the market analysis which factors in the value of similar houses in that area, and rely on those results.
Ensure the fact that you do not owe more on the mortgage as compared to what your home is worth or you won’t make sufficient money on its sale for paying off your mortgage. The most suitable alternative is almost always to wait on selling the house to make sure that it can establish more equity.
- Picking the wrong agent – The agent of Real estate in Canada you opt for to work with can break or make your house selling/buying experience. The good agent will be capable of guiding you through each step of optimizing your house for sale/to buy one, as well as won’t allow you to get away with other mistakes on the list. However in case you are working with an agent of Real estate in Canada who does not value the sale/buying procedure as much as you do or is not a good communicator, then you miss the chance of having a strong advocate in your court.
In case you plan on working with the real estate agent, leave no stone unturned in making sure that you opt for the one who has your best interests at heart.
- Not hiring the agent – In Canada real estate market, the good agent will assist you to set the competitive and fair selling/buying rate for the house which will boost your odds of an instant sale/buying process. He can also guide in toning down the process’s emotion by interacting with prospective buyers/sellers so that you do not need to as well as by removing tire-kickers who only wish to look at the property however have no aim of writing the offer.
One most common mistake in the sector of Canada real estate is when a seller/buyer tries to sell/purchase a house directly without an agent.
Regardless of how impressive you are at math, or how amazing the excel skills are, there are plenty of intangibles that you won’t be capable of calculating for as well as you will commit a mistake.
- Underestimating the prices of selling/buying a house – The complete cost of selling a house can be a lot more than the 5%-6% in the agent commissions a majority of people expect to pay.
Similarly, a lot of house buyers fail in budgeting for the complete costs related to buying the house. After getting your property listed on the multiple listing services, accounting for repairs, closing costs, as well as other concessions to a buyer, the prices of selling can be almost about 10% of the sale rate.
For the buyers, it is imperative to take a look at multiple listing services and also consider acquisition costs like rates, stamp duties, loan application charges, mortgage insurance, and valuation costs. Moreover, sellers can use the house sale calculator for estimating your total proceeds, the money you will pocket after selling rates are accounted for.
- Going beyond the budget – Each house buyer knows the feeling, you are searching for the house which fits your budget, however, that a lot more costly property just seems that a lot more appealing. But after you optimize the role of MLS in real estate, buying the house which is way out of the price range can well derail the finances in a long time. It is human nature for everyone to wish a bit more than they can afford, as well as there is always the real estate agent who will interact with you to the next level.
After having a look at the MLS in real estate, do not be tempted as the bank has often offered you the borrowing limit for good reasons as per your capability of repaying the loan.
Having thought about all those things which can go wrong may be overwhelming, however, remember that knowledge is, indeed power. Now that you become aware of a few common mistakes to neglect while selling/buying a house, you can be a lot more patient when something does not go as per the planning.
After all, at the end of the day, everyone wishes the home selling/buying process for being as painless and smooth as possible.
The procedure of selling or buying a house can have several twists as well as turns, however with a few smart decision making, you can ignore the most common pitfalls and mistakes.
If you fail on avoiding the home buying/selling mistakes mentioned above, then it will cost you big in stress, money, and time.
Author bio: Apeksha Goswami is a Digital Marketing Executive at Activant. Her focus is on creating a well-knit digital link between the audience and the company which helps develop a sturdy relationship and drive new traffic towards the clients. She believes in herself a little more and also loves to express her thoughts to the world on Instagram.