The security of a website is very essential not only for better ranking in Google but also for winning the trust of the visitors. If you are running such a website which is collecting data from the clients, the security becomes more crucial and essential.
The only way to improve the security of your website is to install an SSL certificate on your website. If you want to buy an SSL certificate, you will have to spend lots of dollars on an annual basis.
If you don’t have enough budgets to buy an SSL certificate, you can also install it freely. Here, experts of The Academic Papers UK will discuss how to get a free SSL certificate and install it correctly on your website.
How to Get Free SSL for Your Website?
There are various ways to get a free SSL certificate for your website. Some of them are given below;
- Let’s Encrypt: If you want to get a free SSL certificate for your website without spending time on creating CSR, Let’s encrypt is the best choice for you. Its reason is that its system runs in the background of your servers.
- Zero SSL: It is known as the quickest way to get a free SSL certificate for your website. In order to get an SSL certificate from Zero SSL, you just need to enter the required details, follow their verification method and enjoy SSL certificate free of cost on your website. You will get this free SSL certificate just for 90 days. If you want to further use it, you will have to renew it by following the same process.
- SSL: It is also known as the best site to get a free SSL certificate for your website for 90 days. If you get recommendations of all the famous browsers for the SSL certificate, all of these browsers recommend you to get an SSL certificate from SSL.com.
- Cloudflare: Cloudflare is providing CDN and security services for a website. It means that Cloudflare is helpful to you to make your website secure as well as faster. This company is also providing a free SSL certificate for the users. You just need to visit this website and get a free SSL certificate for your website.
- SSL for Free: SSL for Free is using the ACME of Let’s encrypt in order to validate a website before issuing the SSL certificate. You can also get a free SSL certificate from this website just within minutes.
How to correctly install an SSL certificate on a website?
After getting a free SSL certificate from one of the above websites, the next step is to install it correctly on your website. Here, you will have to follow the following steps;
- First of all, you will have to open cPanel and you will have to click on the SSL/TLS. This option is available under security.
- After clicking on it, you will see four options and in these options, you will have to click on the last option that is “Install and Manage SSL for your website”.
- After clicking on “Install and Manage SSL for your website”, you will see another option that is “Browse Certificate”. Now, you will have to click on it.
- Now, you will see an SSL certificate that you have created for your website. If this certificate will be ready to use on your website, you will see an option “Use Certificate” and you should click on it.
- As you click on “Use Certificate”, you will see that an encrypted certificate will have appeared and you can easily see it in the certificate box.
- You should have private keys for your SSL certificate. These private keys are necessary to add at the beginning and end of the SSL certificate.
- There is a text field for the certificate authority bundle and you will have to paste CA of your SSL certificate in this field.
- If you have followed all of these steps, you will see an option ‘Install Certificate’. After clicking on this option, the installation process of SSL certificate on your website will begin and after completion of this process, you will get a message that “Your SSL certificate has been installed successfully”.
Now, you can make sure that your SSL certificate is ready on your website or not. For this reason, you should open your website in any browser.
If your website is opening with ‘HTTPS’ protocol, it means that SSL certificate is successfully installed on your website and your website is a secure website for the visitors as well as for the search engines.