Are you a reasonably new company? Have you been relying on using common email-generated messaging applications to communicate within the company?
It might also be true that as part of the administrative process in your company, you might have started to think about shifting to get a more reliable intranet system in place.
Adopting a new system at the workplace is a daunting task and requires patience from employees and owners alike. But this process of adopting and adapting a new intranet software is a bit testing.
You might be apprehensive about this shift and wondering how to make its transition smooth.
Here is how to tackle some concerns related to the adoption of employee intranet business software:
● Conduct a Survey: Before getting your intranet software personally or through a vendor, do a company-wide survey with all management and employees to find out what is useful and essential for the proper functioning of the company.
Especially if you have a company that is fully invested in providing multiple services to clients, then it becomes essential to look for the right software that can help prioritize certain tasks for each department. It would be a sheer waste of precious time and money to opt for software that doesn’t cater to your customized needs.
● Evaluate Softwares and Vendors: After the above-mentioned survey is conducted company-wide, the next step involves the administrator’s work of evaluating various software vendors. Address the critical requirements and take up these issues with the vendor’s help desk.
Make a comparison list for each vendor that you have spoken with and then come to a conclusion about which software offers the best solution for the company’s most pressing needs.
● Look through the review section of Intranet Software Websites: Most Intranet Software mentions an array of functionalities that the intranet software applications can perform. Don’t be gullible while making a decision.
Instead, go through the reviews and testimonials section of those who have used the software, and see the performance reviews of each software. The reality of each software service provided is easily available in the said section.
● Get the Company IT Department engaged: Even while purchasing a third-party option or employing the best cloud-based intranet solution, your company’s It department is still the backbone of running this service.
As an administrator, if you can get the IT department to begin owning up the software from the get-go, they will become instrumental in taking up the implementation and troubleshooting tasks without much need for prompting.
● Compare the Intranet to a Social Media: The employees used to the email service generated messaging software applications will find it a bit hard to transition to an intranet software. During the employee training sessions, if they compare the software to social media platforms.
The operation might be different, but comparing the software to other social networking sites could help give employees the confidence to begin using it firstly as a messaging software.
● Stress the Importance of Intranet: Making all employees aware of the extreme need for the smooth functioning of daily operations in your company, could instill a sense of urgency to adapt to the change. This can help them with the confidence to begin exploring the software.
● Ensure That Your Intranet Facility Has Quality Search Engine: It could be intimidating for employees to begin using the intranet software, especially if they fail to understand how it functions or what its uses are.
Having a weak intranet search engine makes this journey of adopting the intranet software extremely hard. Establish a quality search engine with proper tagging ability to make it easier for management and employees to begin using the service quicker.
Take these few steps to start your company’s new journey with an appropriate intranet software that could help the company flourish at a quicker pace.